Saturday, December 16, 2023

Local Authors Sign Books in Folsom

 The Giddy Up Coffee Shop in Folsom hosted a book signing by local authors and artists Saturday, December 16, 2023. Several authors took part, meeting with fans, selling books, and discussing among themselves the love of writing. Here are some photographs. Click on the images to make them larger. 


Giddy Up customers visited with the authors and bought books. 





















The Giddy Up is located in downtown Folsom and serves coffee, tea, smoothies, pastries, paninis, and soup.

I also had few of my books there. They are listed on the following webpage:


The Folsom book signing reminded me of an episode back in 1993 when Pat Smith published a book called "101 Uses for Really Old Fruitcake."  I supplied the cartoons to go along with the suggested uses. She was in Houston putting the book together, and I was drawing the cartoons in Covington and faxing them to her. It was an interesting project.

Here is an article that appeared in the newspaper announcing a book signing for the new book.

I've done other book signings, one at Books A Million, and even a map signing at K-Mart in Slidell. That was an interesting day, sitting inside the front entrance of K-Mart, selling and signing Slidell cartoon maps. One of the people coming in the door was a cousin that I hadn't seen in decades.