The subdivision was accessed by the trolley line that ran between Mandeville and Covington. Click on the images to make them larger.
The trolley motor car line was built by Joseph Birg
The trolley car would roll out a specially built pier off the Mandeville lakefront, and passengers getting off the arriving steamboats could hop right on the trolley and be taken to the shore, past Mandeville, past Helenbirg, and past Abita Springs on to Covington. This was in operation between 1909 and 1918.
Going to Helenbirg