Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Kiwanis Club Meeting

The Covington Kiwanis Club has been engaged in a number of community improvement projects, Key Clubs, and many other civic activities for years. This morning I attended their meeting at the Covington Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall and took a picture of their new officers. Click on the images to make them larger.



They are, from left to right, Dan Johnson, President, Diane Brehm, Vice President, Irvin Breaux, Immediate Past President, Kelly Fern and Billy Warr, Treasurers, and Dorothy Garcia, Secretary. 




They asked me to speak briefly about what I do, so I told them about being interested in preserving history using my internet blog, old photographs, cartoon maps, and the stories of the many people I interviewed over 30 years in the news media.