In 1893 artist A. L. Williams moved from New York to Covington to set up his portrait studio, mainly taking small portrait photos and enlarging them into hand-drawn paintings, Here's an advertisement advertising his services.
He became active in the community, providing artistic and even musical performances. He was identified as "Professor A.L. Williams." Click on the images to make them larger and more readable.
In 1919, he and his family moved to Bogalusa.