Statements followed by an asterisk (*) are from the 1980 Abita Springs Historical Preservation Survey. Click on the images to make them larger.
ABC Grocery and Railroad Tracks
In 1980 the small building on the left housed a fine art shop and gallery operated by Dale Hauck.*
The post office in 1982.
Abita Springs Cafe building was originally a meat market.
The above structure is located on the original site of the Simons Hotel. Formerly the site of Strain's Meat Market, the Log Cabin Saloon and Simons Hotel.*
The above building is on the site of the original Simons Hotel.*
The Abita Full Serve building
The original site of the first gas station in Abita Springs.
The ABC Grocery building was originally Dr. Heintz's Drug Store. *
The UCM Museum building
An old gas station built in the 1930's*
The Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church was built in 1905, an example of the Northern European influence on local architecture.*
More recent photographs of Abita Springs