Here are the pages from that calendar from 43 years ago that spotlighted some of St. Tammany's most interesting buildings, cottages and churches.
Included are the explanatory comments on the bottom of each pen and ink sketch. Click on the images to make them larger.
The Old Holy Family Catholic Church that was built in 1892. It was originally on Boston St. and then moved to Columbia St. in 1940, according to the calendar page.
The Folsom Train Depot (now demolished) served both the sawmill and the people of the northern end of the parish.
Mandeville Lakefront Home built in the early 1800's and was raised high enough to catch the cool lake breezes.
Lacombe Cottage built by Peter Cousin in 1861, it is located on Fish Hatchery Road.
A Northshore camp, a typical wooden camp in the Slidell marshlands, built on pilings with walkway and boat shed, used for fishing.
Abita Springs Pavilion, built in 1888 by Poitevent and Favre on the site of the Indian medicinal springs
The Madisonville Presbyterian Church, dedicated in 1905, it has beautiful wood and wrought iron seats that came from old New Orleans streetcars.
Bush Log Cabin is located on the Bush-Folsom highway. This long straw pine cabin was built by Willis Sharp in the late 1800's.
Florence "Winky" Chesnutt