The above image is from the 1957 USGS "Mobile" topographic map, which clearly shows Pravata Airpark (airplane symbol) at the end of West Hall. Another airport is shown, Morrill Airport, south of Old Spanish Trail near McClane City. More information at the Slidell Vintage Photos Facebook group.
Pete Pravata was among the first to be named to the Slidell Airport Wall of Fame for his contributions to aviation growth in the community. He also had a Slidell fire station named after him, and he donated land to the Slidell Little Theater and to STARC for its first building on West Hall.
Also shown on the above topographic map is Morrill Airport, located where what is now Reine Ave. It was 10 acres south of Old Spanish Trail near McClane City, and owned by Jeremiah T. Morrill. Other family members included Ann Azella Jones Morrill and Birdsall Morrill