In April of 1920, they bought the LeBlanc Building on Columbia Street and made plans to move there.
It eventually moved to the corner of Columbia and Boston Streets.
Here is an article published in 1988 as part of the Times Picayune's coverage of the city's 175th anniversary. It tells the history of the Haik family involvement as longtime Covington merchants.Click on the image to see a larger version.
The women's store at Haik's was hit by fire in May of 1996.
After the women's store location was cleaned out, that area was turned into a community gathering spot and park. The men's department later became attorneys offices.